I think every woman finds themselves buying makeup that they intend on trying out, to end up putting on their “normal” makeup everyday.
I know I do this. I will experiment with different colors on occasion. But if I need to look my best I go with what I know will get the job done. I used to use more expensive makeup but then I realized, I can accomplish the same thing with less expensive makeup. It’s really all in the application. My makeup routine is the following:
- Cover all my flaws with concealer. And I won’t lie to you. I’m heavy-handed when it comes to concealer. I sometimes will use the concealer that looks like lipstick because it is much faster but doesn’t feel as good on your face. TIP: The best foundation application requires a foundation brush, triangle sponge, and a powder brush.
- Lay the foundation. I love the kind above because the shade looks natural (porcelain ivory) and it gives my skin the moisture it needs.
- Follow up with loose powder to set the foundation. If I am looking pale I will add a little bronzer (not shown).
- Blush. TIP: A little blush goes along way. Even on the super light makeup days I add a touch of blush. Finding the right shade of blush was actually the hardest thing for me to find. If it’s too pink it doesn’t look natural. Too orange and you look like a clown. Too brown and you look dirty!
- Highlighter eye shadow.
- Midtone eye shadow. Who doesn’t love gold?
- Crease eye shadow. Sometimes I go darker but I try not to go too dark for everyday wear.
- Liquid eyeliner. I love liquid eyeliner! The line you get with liquid eyeliner is so defined. I always use it on my top eyelid and often rock the cat-eye or winged look. I love the old Hollywood makeup vibe. Once you make the switch from pencil you won’t go back. TIP: If you mess up with liquid eyeliner, don’t start all over. Use concealer to fix a slip of the hand.
- Brown pencil eyeliner. For the bottom lid. Smudge with a makeup brush for a softer more natural look.
- Mascara. Always use more that one coat. It will make your eyes stand out.
- Lip liner. Another item that when you start to use it, it’s hard to stop. It keeps your lips looking great all day and keeps lipstick in place.
- This bright hot pink lipstick is so pretty and can be toned-down with a little bit of lip gloss (or chap stick applied over top).
- Lip gloss. Because it automatically makes your lips look kissable.
Products are listed below. What are some of your favorite products?
I have been searching for the perfect skin care products that don’t break the bank. I absolutely adore Burt’s Bees moisturizers. I take moisturizing seriously, I am getting to that age where combating wrinkles is important. I use the sensitive skin moisturizer in the mornings and the night cream at night. The deep pore scrub I only use 1-2 times a week.
The Intense Hydration Night Cream with Clary Sage is one product that now that I have found it, I can not live without it. Plus Burt’s Bees have the bonus of being composed of 99% natural ingredients. My skin has never felt better and all of their products have a very pleasant smell.
This post was not sponsored by Burt’s Bees. It is my own personal opinion. I LOVE there products!
My Favorite Burt’s Bees Products by honeysucklelace featuring an exfoliating facial cleanser
Now that it’s warm, I can’t wait to wear cute dresses to work. In my office. dresses have to be pretty conservative. My dresses or skirts have to touch the knee and my shoulders can’t be visible. This is where cardigans and blazers are amazing! But I’m sure you have already discovered the power of the cardigan. You can make spring dresses more conservative AND use them to extend your work wardrobe in the wintertime. I almost always go close toe or peep toes shoes when wearing a dress to work. Some sandals can work in my office but it’s a tough crowd to please so I don’t wear them often. Panty hose are not necessary in the spring, but are necessary in the winter (at least at my job).
It gets tricky, eh! Hopefully your office is more flexible with the dress code. But when dressing for work you should hesitate before being too over zealous with your outfits. It’s hard for me when I know how much better an outfit could be, but I will always please the powers above me (instead of wearing my new trendy tights). They approve my paychecks so I think it’s important to keep them happy.
Hope y’all have fun finally being able to break out your favorite spring digs!
This week has been a little drab so I decided why not brighten it up with retail eye candy!!!
Here’s a little fashion for this what to wear Wednesday.
Who wouldn’t love to throw on some blue jeans and a pretty sequined blouse! This is a perfect outfit for a casual date night! I hope to be wearing something very similar to this on my next night out with the hubby!