- Dollar store party hats
- Black construction paper or card stock
- Glue dots
- A can to use as a stencil
The beauty of this is, it’s the easiest thing, ever, to do and kids LOVE THEM! To make these mickey mouse party hats, all I did was add the ears to dollar store party hats. You gotta love that it costs like nothing to make too! For the ears…
- Cut out black circles on card stock or construction paper. I was able to use construction paper because of the toothpick later on. However, card stock is much more sturdy. You will need 2-4 circles for each hat (depending on if you care if the back is exposed) I used the bottom of an almond can as a stencil for my circles.
- Attach ears to toothpicks, as seen in picture below, with a glue dot. The glue dot should be almost an inch from the edge of the circle. Place toothpicks into the glue dots, making sure you leave enough toothpick to extended over the dot for support.
- If you want to cover up your handy work, use a glue dot to secure another black circle on top of the exposed toothpick. (This makes a back.)
- Stick ears into hat, the beauty of this is that the toothpicks aren’t long enough to stick the person wearing the hat, BUT they are long enough to make the ears hold.
DONE! Fun mickey mouse party hats! Was that easy of what? The kids could even help!