Skip to content
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can 100% pure pumpkin (I use Libby’s)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease two 8 ½” x 4 ½” loaf pans.
- Combine ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and walnuts in a bowl; use a whisk to mix well and set aside.
- In large bowl of an electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until just blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, a few minutes. Beat in pumpkin.
- At a low-speed, beat in flour mixture until combined.
- Turn batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for about 50 – 60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool in pan about 10 minutes, then turn out on wire rack to cool completely.