- 1 (1 lb 14oz) package of frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 cup butter for sautéing onion
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled bacon with some extra to go on top
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté diced onion in 1/4 cup of butter.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/4 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, sautéed onion, cheddar cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper. I recommend layering and mixing the ingredients as you go so it is well blended. For an added kick of flavor I like to add sliced jalapenos to this. This particular casserole was for the whole family (including the little one, so I had to leave out the jalapenos). Also, I buy pre-cooked bacon crumbles from Costco. Makes this a quick dish to throw together! One my best finds!
- Place mixture in a large casserole dish. Top with sprinkle of cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 45 minutes.