Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself and today I definitely did. This was one of those embarrassing MOMents, that I can’t even blame on the baby! Let me explain…
Tonight, my husband, Landon, and I went to Apple-bee’s for dinner after a frantic search for a healthy cookbook. I had packed the “going to a restaurant with baby” essentials. For me this includes: the peel and stick place mat, a bib, a baby food pouch, a spoon, bowl, wipes, puffs, lil crunchies, wagon wheels, and CHEERIOS. For the most part it was a normal dinner except for this little bit of convo that happened…
- ME: Wow, this sauce is really rich and buttery. I don’t think I can eat any more. But it is good.
- HUSBAND: Does that mean I can have your shrimp?
- LANDON: BA, BA, BA, BA (as he eats his Cheerios)
- ME: I think I’m going to eat some Cheerios as a buffer for my stomach. It should work like crackers, right? Since I haven’t ate a lot today….
- HUSBAND: (gives a nod that says, sure babe-whatever you say)
- ME: (nom, nom, nom, just eating my cheerios)
- SERVER: How is everything tonight?
- ME & HUSBAND: Great!
- SERVER: Mam, are you sure everything is ok?
- ME: Oh yes, it’s just fine.
- SERVER: (in a gentle and concerned voice) I’m sorry, Mam. I don’t believe you. You are eating Cheerios.
- ME: (thinking…crap…he has a point…I haven’t finished my dinner, and I stole my son’s cheerios…) Oh, my dinner is fine. I promise.
- LANDON: Ooooh (and smiles sweetly, he likes having the last word already)
A few minutes later, the manager came to our table and asked how everything was going.
What a night!