Cupcake toppers are an easy way to dress up any cupcake. Anyone can simply stick a toothpick in a cupcake. However, it is not always easy to find cupcake toppers that fit your design or theme needs. I am throwing a mickey themed birthday party very soon for my little munchkin and don’t have a lot of time, the day of, to decorate cupcakes. My solution: CUPCAKE TOPPERS! They can be made ahead of time and literally take seconds to place into a cupcake. Here is all the info you need to make them yourself….
- Grab your supplies. You can see that I re-use all of the same materials over-and-over. Similar supplies was used in this tutorial.
- Deconstruct cups. The images I wanted happened to be on a cup. These could be printed off the computer on card stock or punched out of an old book. Wherever you find the images you want.
- Punch out the images you want. I used a 1 inch scalloped paper puncher I got from Michaels. They have so many different designs it’s insane!
- Punch out colorful backs for your cupcake toppers. (This will hide the toothpick and add more color.)
- Place a glue dot on the back of the image. It should be placed in the top center.
- Sandwich the glue dot, with the cutout for the back. Press firmly so it held together well.
- Slide the tooth pick in the bottom (this part will still be open). And you’re DONE!!!
The easiest of crafts and quick! What are your tips for decorating cupcakes or cakes quickly?